Behavioral Health

Welcome to Behavioral Health!

The Behavioral Health Department provides:

  • Counseling
  • Crisis intervention
  • 24-Hour Access Line: 888-793-6580
  • Psychiatric medication services
  • Information and referral
  • Mental health education
  • Patients’ rights advocacy
  • Peer support
  • Wellness and recovery groups

Provider Directory (02/01/2020) 



Beneficiary Handbooks


EQRO Reports

Colusa County BHS Fiscal Year 16 to 17

Colusa County BHS Fiscal Year 19 to 20

Mental Health Board Meetings

The Mental Health Board meetings are held every 2nd Tuesday every month at 3:00 p.m. at:

Colusa County Behavioral Health
162 E. Carson Street, Room 102
Colusa, CA 95932

  • March 10, 2020
  • April 14, 2020
  • May 12, 2020
  • June 9, 2020
  • July 14, 2020
  • August 11, 2020
  • September 8, 2020

Safe Haven

Safe Haven Wellness and Recovery Center
Temporarily located at: 162 E. Carson Street - Colusa, CA
Phone: (530) 458-0520
Hours: 8:30 am - 4:00 pm Monday through Friday

Safe Haven is a peer supported drop-in center that serves adults and older adults who are in recovery from substance abuse, dealing with mental health issues, and or avoiding isolation. The center provides a number of recovery and resiliency focused groups run by peers and Behavioral Health staff. A peer support specialist is funded to provide support in linking members to other services in the community through collaboration and outreach events, which allow for increased awareness around mental health and reduce stigma and discrimination in the community. Members can also participate in the Leadership Advocacy Committee, to aid in the day-to-day operation of the center. This allows for growth in leadership skills and peer advocacy.

Safe Haven Behavioral Health Groups & Activities Calendar for February 2020 

Compliance Officer

If you believe that Colusa County Behavioral Health has failed to provide services or unlawfully discriminated in another way on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation, you can file a grievance with our Compliance Officer, Heather Bullis-Cruz. You can file a grievance by phone, in writing, in person, or electronically at:

Heather Bullis-Cruz
162 E Carson Street
Colusa, CA 95932
Phone: (530) 458-0520

To file an MHSA Complaint, print and complete:

MHSA Grievance Form (PDF)
General Grievance Form (PDF) and submit:

Additional Resources

Additional Resources

Discrimination is Against the Law

Colusa County complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. The County does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.

Colusa County: A. Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as qualified sign language interpreters; B. Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats); C. Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as qualified interpreters and information written in other languages.

If you need these services, please contact the Behavioral Health Services department at 530-458-0520.

If you believe that the County has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with: 

Cindy Pilaczynski, Patient’s Rights Advocate
162 E. Carson Street, Suite A
Colusa, CA 95932
530-458-0530, Email Patient’s Rights Advocate

You can file a grievance in person or by mail, fax, or email. If you need help filing a grievance, Cindy Pilaczynski (contact above) is available to help you.

You can also file a civil rights complaint with the electronically through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Civil Rights, Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal or by mail or phone at: 

U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
1-800-368-1019, TDD 1-800-537-7697.
Complaint Forms