The Colusa County Free Library has all sorts of stuff just for teens, including books, media, and programs!
Archives Unbound addresses students and scholars’ pressing need to see primary, unpublished archival documents. There is no better way to study the past than through consultation of primary source documents. Archives Unbound presents topically-focused digital collections of historical documents that support the research and study needs of scholars and students at the college and university level.Archives Unbound is sponsored by the California State Library, all you need is a Colusa County Free Library card to access the database.
MAS Ultra provides full text for:
- more than 158,000 biographies and primary source documents, hundreds of reference books
- an Image Collection containing photos, maps, flags, and color PDFs
- expanded full-text journal and magazines dating back to 1975, including American History, Archaeology, Astronomy, Bioscience, Civil War Times, CollegeXpress, Nation, National Review, New Scientist, Popular Science, Smithsonian, World War II, and much more
The peer-reviewed scholarly database will help with all of your research and homework needs 24/7 with a library card.
OWL offers over 200 free resources including:
- Writing and Teaching Writing
- Grammar and Mechanics
- Style Guides
- ESL (English as a Second Language)
- Job Search and Professional Writing
Formerly called Zinio for Libraries, RB Digital allows you to instantly read all current and backlist issues for more than 165 magazines on desktop and mobile browsers for free using your library card and the Zinio for Libraries app.
To get started
- Log in with your Library card, then create a RB Digital account to borrow magazines
- You can borrow magazines via a web browser to read now on your PC, Mac or mobile
- Download the RB Digital app to read offline on your iPad, iPhone, Android, Kindle HD/HDX
- Magazines in the collection are always available with no returns and no due dates
NOTE: You can only read single issues of magazines in the app. Use RB Digital Magazines online site to browse for magazine to checkout or to download new issues.
Free lessons and practice tests specific to the State of California.
Library2Go, powered by Overdrive gives access to thousands of eBooks and eAudio books using your library card and the Overdrive application.
With over 50,000 eBook titles in the shared collection, Enki provides library patrons with a turnkey, ready-made, librarian-curated collection of popular fiction and nonfiction genres including romance, mysteries, travel, technical, crafts, cooking and more. Of particular interest are more than 900 graphic novels! Available anywhere using your library card.
Summer Book to Movie Club
Each summer, the Colusa County Free Library Literacy Program hosts a FREE Book to Movie Club for local children in grades 5 to 9! Over the course of 6 weeks, participants will read three books and watch the movie adaptations to compare and contrast versions. Teens will also get their own copies of each title to add to their home libraries! Registration begins in May. For more information, call our Literacy Coordinator at 458-0373. This program put on in partnership with Premier Mushrooms, Inc. and CAPC Colusa County.
Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White
Mary Poppins Comes Back by P.L. Travers
James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl
A Wrinkle in Time (Graphic Novel) by Madeline L’Engle
Wonder by RJ Palacio
Matilda by Roald Dahl
Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
Charlie & the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, & the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan